Friday, December 5, 2008

Time for Humanity


Once upon a time, there was an island (ironically “Our World”) where all the feelings lived:Happiness, Sadness, Knowledge,and all of the others, including Humanity.

One day it was announced to thefeelings that the island would sink, so they all prepared their boats and left. Humanity was the only one who stayed. Humanity wanted to stay with the island until it started sinking.
When Humanity was almost sinking, he decided to ask for help.
Richness came by Humanity in a beautiful boat.Humanity said,"Richness, can you take me with you?"Richness answered,"No, I can't... There is a lot of gold and silver in my boat.There is no place here for you."
Humanity decided to ask Vanity who was also passing by,"Vanity, please help me!""I can't help you Humanity.You are all wet and you may damage my boat," Vanity answered.
Sadness was close by so againHumanity asked for help,"Sadness, let me go with you.""Oh...Humanity, I am so sad that I prefer to go alone!"
Happiness passed by Humanity too, butshe was so happythat she did not listen whenHumanity called her!
Suddenly, there was a voice,"Come Humanity, I will take you."
It was an elder.Humanity became so happy that he evenforgot to ask the elder her name.When they arrived on dry land,the elder went on her own way
Humanity asked Knowledge, another elder, thename of the elder who had helped him."It was Time," answered Knowledge."Time? But why did Time help me?" asked Humanity."Because only Time is capable of understanding how great Humanity is,"answered Knowledge.

The moral of this wee story is:"Take the time to know what Humanity is"

No comments: